World peace pagoda Hiking
World Peace Pagoda Hiking is one of the most popular hiking around Pokhara, no doubt, make a beautiful day for you and which is situated at the height of 1,592 meters above sea level. It is a Buddhist pagoda-style monument on a hilltop in Ananda hill of the former Pumdi Bhumdi Village Development Committee, in the district of Kaski, Pokhara. This Peace Pagoda was constructed by Buddhist monks from Japan to promote world peace. World peace pagoda is called Shanti stupa in Nepali. World peace pagoda lies atop the hillock on the southern shore of the Phewa Lake. There are two main routes to the pagoda: 1) for a more direct route, take a rowboat across the lake from Pokhara and walk the well-marked stair path about 30-45 minutes uphill or 2) walk around the Damside tip of the lake and up to the pagoda.
A boat ride across the lake to the shore near Lychee Garden. Well made stone steps climb 300 m to the top through the forest grove in 1 and a half hrs. Shanti Stupa is the shrine build as the symbol of peace. The top marked by world peace pagoda is the shrine with a great vantage point which offers the tremendous view of the lake and Pokhara city with the backdrop of Annapurna and Manaslu range. The World Peace Pagoda of Pokhara is one of the many similar stupas scattered around Nepal and other places in the world where harmony, compassion and non-violence foundation of Buddhism is practice. The Peace Pagoda reflects four prominent stages of Buddha’s life in four directions: where he was born in Lumbini, where he became enlightened in Bodhgaya, where he taught most of his lifetime in Sarnath, and where he reached nirvana at Kushi Nagar. Reaching this place, you can feel the fresh air of peace and the harmony which helps to refresh your body, mind and the soul. It is thusly one of the more serene peace pagodas in the world.
- World peace pagoda Hiking
- World peace pagoda Hiking
- Shanti Stupa is the shrine build as the symbol of peace. A boat ride across the lake to the shore near Lychee Garden will take about 25 minutes. Well made stone steps climb 300 m to the top through the forest grove in 1 and a half hrs. The top marked by world peace pagoda offers the tremendous view of the lake and Pokhara city with the backdrop of Annapurna and Manaslu range.
- Accommodation at listed hotels or equivalent.
- Daily breakfast at the hotel.
- Transportation/Transfers by Air-conditioned Vehicle.
- Sightseeing tour as per the program.
- Services of English speaking local Guides during the sightseeing tour.
- Monument entrances fees
- All presently applicable taxes.
- Inland/International flight charges.
- Things of personal nature like laundry, telephone etc.
- Any meals except specified in above inclusions.
- Camera fee.
- All other than those listed in above inclusions.