Dhulikhel Namobhuddha Hiking
This is the most popular hiking trail around Kathmandu. Plan Holidays arrange this Dhulikhel Namobhuddha Hiking package for those who are interested to feel the real footwalk in the hilly region and experience the natural beauty as well as cultural and historical places.
Your hike starts Dhulikhel from where you will pass all the way through beautiful scenery of emerald hills, pine forest, and rural villages and of course the superb Mountain Dhulikhel is the old Newar community where the community is has got bare-brick houses, carved wooden windows, sloping tile roofs, pagoda temples and sacred statues in the community. The most important sites to visit Dhulikhel are Narayan and Harisiddhi temples which are made by the plentiful wood carvings as well other attraction of the place is Gokhureswar Mahadev temple. It is the main highway to the Tibet via Tatopani boarder.
The trail climbs for about 120 m to the ridge with a village temple of the goddess and then gradually passes through the village for about 1 and half hours where you will finally meet the dirt road with occasional motorbikes and cars plying on. It will take about 1 more hrs to get to Namo Buddha. This is the best hiking that takes you to the very beautiful Buddhist stupa of Namobuddha(1982m.) situated on a hillock above Panauti, located in Kavre District about 38 km east of Kathmandu.
Namobuddha is a legendary place that is related to the re-incarnation of Lord Buddha. The place has its own story and history. It is believed that a kind-hearted prince at that place offered his body to a hungry tigress and her five cubs up to the last breathe and took re-birth as Lord Buddha. You can visit a sacred Buddhist stupa rich in thanka art and sculptures. It is a spiritually filled center for Buddhists where you can rest your soul for sometimes away from the noisy crowd to seek a minute silence. This can make your body & mind feel like contended. It is the historic town with old houses and temples.
- Dhulikhel Namobhuddha Hiking
- Dhulikhel Namobhuddha Hiking
- In this Hiking package, we cover Dhulikhel to Namobhudha. You will be picked up at your hotel at 8.00am. Then you will be taken to Dhulikhel first. Your guide will brief about the Hiking highlights of the today program. You will drive for about 42 km / hrs to Kavre Bhangyang past Dhulikhel and then start walking through pine forest. The trail climbs for about 120 m to the ridge with a village temple of goddess and then gradually passes through village for about 1 and half hours. We will finally meet the dirt road with occasional motorbikes and cars plying on. It will take about 1 more hrs to get to Namo Buddha. Namobuddha is one of the important Buddhist pilgrimage sites. This is where one of the Bodhisattva (Buddha to be) sacrificed himself to feed nourishing tigress. A stupa has been built with his relic. Namobuddha is a spiritually filled center for Buddhists where you can rest your soul for sometimes away from noisy crowd to seek for a minute silence. This can make your body & mind feel like contended. There are monasteries & Hotels for monks & nuns. If you like to spend more days you are welcome to do so. NamoBuddha offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas, valleys & terraced fields. From the 1,750 m hill top; one can see long stretch of the central Himalayas. It is the place where Supreme Being, Buddha meditated. It is said that Buddha offered his blood without a second hesitation to a starving tigress when he found that tigress was almost dying. At the end of the day, drive back to Kathmandu.
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
- Meet & assist on arrival and departure
- Accommodation and breakfast daily
- Entrance fees at all sites
- Sightseeing tours per itinerary
- English speaking guides during sightseeing tours
- All transfers/tours in private air-conditioned vehicles
TOUR COST EXCLUDES:
- International and domestic flights & airport taxes
- Visa or visa handling charges
- Drinks or any extras at hotels or during tours
- Travel insurance